I read 5.5 books for Dewey’s 24 Hour Read-a-Thon on Saturday/Sunday. Here are my quick thoughts about 5 of them:
- I felt as if I was reading my own story.
- You could quote from this book all day long.
- A tiny gem of a book full of bookish tidbits.
- Powerful, disturbing, hopeful, devastating.
- I wanted to bring Precious home with me and treat her right!
- I’m so glad I finally got around to reading this. Next? The movie.
- Was I the last person in the world to read this?
- Do I think everyone in the world should read this? Yup.
- Teenagers can be total asshats.
- Short, sad and lovely
- Good for Read-a-Thon because it’s short. Bad for Read-a-Thon because holy cats what a downer!
- I love reading about this period in history and this was no exception.
- My very first graphic novel, yay me!
- Wintry, sweet, sad, honest, Wisconsiny, yay me!
- One of the best first-love stories I’ve ever read. (Yay me again!)
I hope you all enjoyed your Read-a-Thon books as much as I enjoyed mine. And hey, do you have any good graphic novel recommendations? I’d love to hear about them!