The cool peeps over at The Estella Society asked their readers to…
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak *
- The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down by Anne Fadiman
- Scaramouche by Rafael Sabatini
- The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls *
- Wicked by Gregory Maguire *
- A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry *
- Kindred by Octavia Butler
- The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell
- Bad Science by Ben Goldacre
- A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving (Currently reading!)
I read both of these books right after the announcement of The Estella Project. In May.
Did I start crafting reviews as soon as I read them? Nope. Did I at least take notes on my thoughts as I read them? Nope.
Aren’t I brilliant? Ha!
I had a feeling I would like The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down. It’s a nonfiction book and they are my ultimate favorite. I wasn’t sure what I would think of Kindred. Time travel? Usually that’s not my thing. (I’ve been proven wrong a time or two now.)
Here’s what I can tell you about both of these books. I liked them. A LOT.
I hope you’ve enjoyed the in-depth analysis I’ve provided you.
|Bah dum tsssh!|