I first saw these 20 questions over on Book Chatter. Thanks for the inspiration, Ti! Consider yourself tagged, if you want to be.
20 Questions About Me:
1. HOW TALL ARE YOU?
5’5 (I’ve always felt tiny. My dad is 6’4, my mother and sister are both 5’10 or more.)
2. DO YOU HAVE A HIDDEN TALENT?
I can wiggle my eyes freakishly fast. Wanna learn how?
3. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST BLOG-RELATED PET PEEVE?
I wish I had more technical blogging skills. I never really know what I’m doing. That’s not really a pet peeve is it? Okay, how about blogs with itty bitty fonts? That grinds my gears.
4. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST NON-BLOG RELATED PET-PEEVE?
Misophonia makes me irrationally furious. <— I can't read that article because it will give me another trigger. I'm not even kidding. It's a large collection of pet peeves and it blows.
5. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE SONG?
I have a new favorite song every other week, but my all time favorite band from now until forever are The Beatles.
6. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE ETSY SHOP?
I have a new one! Creative Daffodil makes beautiful literary prints. I’m currently looking for a way to highlight them in my house. (I’m shopping for the perfect frames and looking for the perfect spot to hang them.)
7. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE WAY TO SPEND YOUR FREE TIME WHEN YOU’RE ALONE?
Reading. Of course.
8. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE JUNK FOOD?
My first reaction was to say chocolate, of any sort, but lately I’ve been having quite the torrid affair with Ben & Jerry’s ice cream.
9. DO YOU HAVE PETS?
We have 5 cats: Hubert, Mrs. Nesbitt, Frasier, Myrtle, & Vader. It’s ridiculous. I KNOW. They are all rescue cats. That makes me feel a little bit better about being a #CrazyCatLady.
10. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE FICTION AND NONFICTION BOOKS?
Of all time? That’s impossible. I’ll tell you my recent favorites instead:
11. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE BEAUTY PRODUCT?
Beauty products are so fun and I’m willing to try nearly anything once. Recently, though, I’ve decided that I need to stop fooling around with mascara. There’s one brand that has never failed me and I’ll never stray again. Great Lash, I’m talking to you.
12. WHEN WERE YOU LAST EMBARRASSED?
I asked an ignorant question on Facebook and was summarily schooled. It turned out to be a good thing. The woman who corrected me did so gently and I learned something that I didn’t know prior to our conversation. It was a great example of how things can be. There was no name calling, there were no passive aggressive/snarky statements. There was discourse and a sincere apology. Even though I was embarrassed at first I am glad it happened as I learned more than one valuable lesson.
13. IF YOU COULD DRINK ONE BEVERAGE FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
14. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE?
I’m not a fan of picking favorites and my answer would probably be different if you asked me tomorrow, but today I’ll say The Big Lebowski. It’s brilliant.
15. WHAT WERE YOU IN HIGH SCHOOL? PROM QUEEN, NERD, CHEERLEADER, JOCK, VALEDICTORIAN, BAND GEEK, LONER, ARTIST, ETC?
Pregnant. I was pregnant in high school. You would think that would preclude most superlatives but I was voted Class Clown, class of ’92. Ha.
16. IF YOU COULD LIVE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, WHERE WOULD YOU LIVE?
Moving has been on my mind as of late. My youngest child is 15. The time of the empty nest is rapidly approaching. We are tossing around the idea of moving overseas. Finland has come up more than once. To be honest? I’ll never want to be too far from my sister, my dad, and my kids. (Not to mention potential grand-kids!)
17. PC OR MAC?
I have zero thoughts on this.
18. LAST ROMANTIC GESTURE FROM A CRUSH, DATE, BOYFRIEND?
I just asked my husband if he could help me with this question. He said, “It’s obviously been too long if I can’t remember the last romantic gesture.” I expect a flower delivery today! Really though, he’s a very sweet guy and is forever doing little things to make me smile.
19. FAVORITE CELEB?
Amy Poehler. She’s my spirit animal.
20. WHICH BLOGGER DO YOU SECRETLY WANT TO BE BEST FRIENDS WITH?
All of them.