Oh October, how I looooove thee! This one was particularly good to me as far as reading goes. My list of reads for the month is kinda ginormous. Keep in mind that Dewey’s Read-a-Thon happened. That always ups the numbers dramatically for this gal.
I’ve only reviewed a few of these. Most of those were mini-reviews. Apparently I don’t review books anymore? That’s a subject for a different post!
I didn’t do it on purpose but half of the books I read in October were nonfiction. That makes me happy in the nerdiest way.
- The Invisible Wall by Harry Bernstein*
- Writers Between the Covers by Jodi Rendon & Shannon McKenna Schmidt*
- Hippie Boy by Ingrid Ricks*
- The Courtiers by Lucy Worsley*
- The Secret Life of Objects By Dawn Raffel*
- Number the Stars by Lois Lowry
- Boxers by Gene Luen Yang
- Saints by Gene Luen Yang
- The Suicide Shop by Jean Teule
- Late Lights by Kara Weiss
- Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers
- Ella Minnow Pea by Mark Dunn
- The House Girl by Tara Conklin
- Lookaway, Lookaway by Wilton Barnhardt
- November’s Fury by Michael Schumacher*
- Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed*
- The Family by David Laskin*
- Coming Clean by Kimberly Rae Miller*
- The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
- Constance by Franny Moyle*
- The Butler by Wil Haygood*
* = Nonfiction
And so ends one of my favorite months. Now, onto November!
How was October for you?
59 thoughts on “October: Rife with Reads!”
Sometimes its great to read a great thick book. I need some short ones this month, if I end up reading at all. I'm doing NaNoWriMo for the first time and struggling to balance everything. But it's something I really want to do. 🙂
Wow, you got through a lot of books! I thought I read a lot but I'm now having to hang my head in shame seeing that list! After I get through looking some of these up on Amazon that is! 🙂 October was a great book month for me too – some definite favourites were The Summer of Living Dangerously by Julie Cohen; So Many Books, So Little Time by Sara Nelson and My Life in France by Julia Child. Not one I would've read without constant friend nagging but so glad I did!
I think my November list is going to be quite short. I haven't picked up a book in a few days. I'm in some sort of slump, eeek! I'm glad you had a great October!
I had so much fun with your #12! Here is my recap: http://wordsandpeace.com/2013/11/08/2013-october-wrap-up/
My October wasn't too bad! Hope you get over your slump soon 🙂
21 books in 31 days?! So jealous of your ability to focus – because clearly you are staying on track better when you sit down to read than I am!
Great book wasn't it? I was so pleased with that one 😀
You and me both! I haven't picked up a book in over a week. That's very weird for me. VERY.
October really was amazing for me 😀 November? Not so much!!!