Good morning my little chickadees!
It’s here! It’s here! It’s Read-a-Thon day! I’ll be updating this post throughout the next 24 hours. (Or for as long as I stay awake!)
I’m brewing up a giant pot of coffee (the first of many?) and settling in with my first book, Garden of Stones by Sophie Littlefield.
Part of my day will be spent reading, the other part will be spent cheering on participants. (Gooooo Team Panda!)
I’m way up north in Wisconsin, U.S.A
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Maus by Art Spiegelman! I’ve never read it but I’ve wanted to for a long time.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Rosemary & Olive Oil Triscuits with a swiss almond cheese spread. Mmm.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
Both of my pinkies are crooked, weird!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
This is my 2nd read-a-thon. This time I’m going to cook a good meal instead of snacking all day. I’m making this slow-cooker lasagna. It’s delicious!
Is it lunchtime yet? My tummy is rumbling. The lasagna is cooking away but won’t be done for hours so it’s time to snack on some crackers and fruit.
I finished my first book and I’m on to my second, Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi.
Keep reading folks! I hope everyone is enjoying this bookish day.
How did evening get here so fast? This day is zooming by! I just finished my third book of the day, The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
The slow-cooker lasagna I whipped up this morning was even yummier than I remembered. Slurp.
I’m going to be starting another book very soon but first I’m off to cheer and tweet for a while. I haven’t taken any time out to see what kind of challenges are going on at the Dewey’s site yet and I’m hoping to do that as well.
See you soon my sweet little reader monkeys!
Maus. Wow. Seriously. I read the final page of this moments ago. How I wish I had bought the 2nd volume at the same time I bought the 1st!
I took a wee break from reading to do a bit of cheerleading. It’s fun to bounce around new (to me) blogs and throw out some encouragement! Gooooo Team Panda!
Now I’m off to figure out what to read next! I have a few selections to choose from. See ya later alligators!
Zzzzz. Oh noes! I’m yawning and feeling so sleepy. I’m going to keep on for as long as I physically can. I started another book but I felt myself slipping. I’ve opened a caffeine filled soda and hopped around some blogs trying to wake myself up.
- Which hour was most daunting for you? Those final hours are always tough. Zzzzz
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? I can’t say enough great things about Maus and/or Persepolis. Graphic novels were MADE for read-a-thons, I swear.
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Nope!
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? One of my favorite things was all the activity on Twitter. We trended, yo!
- How many books did you read? 4 (lower than my last showing I believe?) I started a few #5s but nothing was working for me. I think the exhaustion made everything suck, ha!
- What were the names of the books you read? Garden of Stones, The Great Gatsby, Maus and Persepolis.
- Which book did you enjoy most? Maus or The Great Gatsby..um…I think Maus takes the win.
- Which did you enjoy least? Garden of Stones
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? This was my first time as a Cheerleader and I loved it. I hope more people will sign up to cheer next time. It really helps and encourages people to keep up the good work!
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? Oh, I’ll be there with bells on, don’t you worry your pretty little heads! I think I’d like to cheer again, that was a hoot.
|Until next time!|
32 thoughts on “Dewey’s 24 Hour Read-a-Thon April 2013”
Have a great day, Jennifer! Go, fight, win! Team Otter!!!
Good luck with the read-a-thon today! I'm also reading and cheering (with Team Tiger) today.
Good luck with today, your food sounds amazing.
Hi there, hope you got off to a great start with your readathon – the triscuits sound ace. 🙂
Oh my gosh, Maus is one of my favorites! Do you have both I and II? So excited for you to read it! Good luck today!
I liked Maus. Can't wait to hear what you think!
Maus is amazing. I read it years ago. Hope you enjoy it!
Have a good day! Good luck!
Good luck with working through those books.. I'm sure this should be a breeze for you! Reading everyone's snacks is certainly making me hungry…
Slow cooker lasagna sounds delicious. Enjoy!
Nice job making a slow cooker meal to enjoy! Maus is a good book, you'll enjoy it! Thanks for reading and cheering on others. Happy Reading! -Janel
It's really unfortunate that you live halfway across the country. Otherwise, I could come and help you eat that delicious sounding lasagna! I hope you are enjoying your books and thanks for coming to my blog to cheer me on! 🙂
Good luck today! I really enjoyed Maus, and I hope you do as well. Graphic novels sounds like a good choice for the read-a-thon. Happy reading!
Good luck. Have fun. Have a great day!
Enjoy the next 24 hours! 🙂 i wish i had the stamina for it!
I liked Persepolis a lot – hope you enjoy it, too. Graphic novels make such great choices for readathons. Good luck!
I've yet to finish my first book but it's about to happen. Happy Reading!
I didn't know you're in Wisconsin! I did a concert tour up there years ago, in the Eau Claire area. It was sooooooo beautiful, SO green! And everyone was super friendly.
Maus has been on my wishlist for so long, I hope you like it! 🙂 I've been browsing blogs and everytime I read about their snack I find myself getting more hungry. You're doing so well on your read-a-thon and I love the cheers. Happy reading! 🙂
Slow Cooker recipes are my favorite! That one sounds tasty! =) Good job with your reading so far today!
You are rocking this read-a-thon! I love Maus, it might just be my favorite graphic novel. Your snacks sounds pretty incredible too! Happy read-a-thon day and keep up the reading!
Hope you're still reading. I'm about ready to drop off! Love those Pandas.
You can dooooo ittttt!!!I hope you're able to stay awake a bit longer! And wasn't Maus SO GOOD?? Wait until you read the second one. I really need to buy them, I got them from the library when I read them.
You read a lot! Well done. Good night!
Persepolis! I read that during one of the previous readathons. I hope you liked it as much as I did!
Good going Jennifer, four (or five) books, wow! 20 hours is pretty awesome 😀
Sounds like you had \”fun\” :DI didn't join in, but maybe next time.
great job! 4 books and cheerleading is impressive!
I think the important question here is: why are your pinkies crooked? Did you break them? Were you born that way? How crooked ARE they? I can't handle the suspense!
I'm sorry I didn't get to you during the Readathon. Well done! I enjoyed reading your updates today. Could you post a picture of your pinkies?
You did great Jennifer!!! Way to go :O) And thanks for stopping by my blog to cheer me on!
You rock my socks!!!! Thank you for cheering and for, just, your AWESOMENESS! We'll announce the next Read-a-Thon date today or tomorrow. Woooo!